Saturday, April 13, 2013

A little bit of bling

It's hard to believe i've been making jewellery for about 8 years and had never made a bracelet with elastic. Elastic seems like the place people usually start. 
I do have some in my kit though 'just in case' - I was in the studio the other day and suddenly felt I had to make one. And why not.... I like bracelets myself (i'm a long standing fan of shiny and sparkly accessories) but I don't like jewellery clasps on my bracelets (except magnetic ones). 



4 comments:

  1. I have Amber and red coral bracelets with elastics..the only problem is in some age could be broken ..but in my case was arrenged by an artisan like you.
    I like wearing wood's bracelets as well in summer time.
    Petra ..it's a pity..the picture is small, could be more bigger ? that help see better the work you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ill try to make them bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stretchy bracelets are great for summer holidays in the sun. Easy to throw on and no metal to heat up. It's years since I made one myself....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it! (Apart from no fiddly clasps) the ease of use and they're not sweaty etc

      Delete