Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Call me cupcake

Cupcakes, you can't be unhappy when you're eating one!
They've been a big trend in recent years - possibly even surpassing the moustache trend. I even have a tea towel that manages to encapsule 2 trends: keep baking and eat cupcakes.




 'Cupcake' is originally an American term, in Ireland we call them buns, fairy cakes and queen cakes but I have to admit I call them cupcakes myself. When I think of a cupcake I think of something fancy with a topping. When I think of a fairy cake I think of a plain piece of sponge. Basically cupcakes are fancy-pants cakes to me!

The trend may be dying off - it's always hard to tell with trends - but you will still find a plethora of cupcake goodness on Etsy and maybe even at your local store. Having cupcake plastered all over everything may - as a trend - eventually pass but they're selling like hot cakes right now.
Plus, cake will never go out of fashion (as long as I have a bag of flour, an oven and a spatula....).

'call me cupcake' by PetraShae



PDF Crochet Pattern - C...
$5

Cupcake Ring - Polymer ...
$8.95

Sweet Cakes Cupcake Dog...
$65

Lil' Cupcake Baby B...
$15

Something Sweet is Baki...
$23.99

Cupcake Turquoise Pink ...
$16

Blueberry Crochet Cupca...
$10

Custom pet ID tag- pers...
$28

Bow style, Vintage Insp...
$14

Cupcake Phone Case
$15

Leather Barrette Hair A...
$18

Little Girls Cupcake Pu...
$5

Cupcake Necklace, Sterl...
$85

Cupcake Baby Blanket wi...
$24.95

Fingerless Cupcake Glov...
$17.5

Yummy Cupcake Hat - Fro...
$48
Treasury tool supported by the dog house

2 comments:

  1. Hi Petra, call me a cupcake fan too! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love to make them, love to wear them and most of all i love to eat em, lol

      Delete